Sunday 10 January 2010

T.V adverts from my Childhood



Funny how 30 seconds can last a lifetime.

Television. Where brands get their breaks.


Thinkbox is the marketing body for commercial TV in the UK. For an advert promoting T.V advertising, this is perfect. It contains the most memorable adverts making every person reminisce about old adverts and the enjoyment they gave to them. It reflects the power and nostalgia of adverts on TV and is also comical providing an uplifting emotion. It's memories are so inspiring that any company would feel compelled to get their advert to that recognisable level.


It got me thinking about old adverts and ones which I can remember from the 1980's/90's. As a child I can remember the toys'r'us giraffe (1989), Aquafresh (1989) and Jacobs club chocolate biscuit (1991). I cant recall many but the ones I recall all have theme tunes. Seems the best way to advertise to children is to have a theme tune!

"If you like alot of chocolate on your biscuit, call our... club!"








I also found Matt LeBlanc in a coca-cola advert, 4 years before f.r.i.e.n.d.s, he was one of the coca-cola man! (1990)

No comments:

Post a Comment