Friday 10 September 2010

Dinner for schmucks



After seeing the advert for this film I didn't really have high hopes for it. I expected the scenes to be limited to a dinner table and the comedy to be predictable.


I was pleasantly surprised.


I thought the comedy was exceptional. Very simple, silly kind of humour but I thought Steve Carell's role was perfect. The all-star cast starred not just American comedians but British too. It had Steve Carell (American Office), Chris O'Dowd (I.T crowd), Paul Rudd (Friends), Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover), Jemaine Clement (Flight of the conchords), David Walliams (Little Britain) and Kristen Schaal (Flight of the conchords). Before the film I thought that the film would end up being a battle for stardom, but the roles worked exceptionally well together.


My favourite thing about the film were the opening credits. The credits waa beautifully shot following a taxidermist creating and placing designs of two mice that are in love. The mouse scenes are magical and made the opening credits beautifully captivating. The song The Beatles "the fool on the hill" plays so suitably over the scenes that it would seem you were watching a romance film.



No comments:

Post a Comment