Monday 6 September 2010

Why is Hugh Grant riding a horse?

Its not a horse!

It's Sarah Jessica Parker, in her new film... Did you hear about the Morgans? I didn't really have any expectations for this film (mainly because Avatar 3D had sold out and there were no other options) and so whatever the outcome, I could not be disappointed.


The story is about a recently separated married couple who, because of infidelity on the husbands part, are no longer on speaking terms. Paul Morgan is 'dreadfully' sorry and begs for forgiveness from his wife, Meryl. She reluctantly agrees to meet him in a swanky uptown restaurant and as they leave they witness one of Meryls clients get murdered .


After the murderer finds Meryl and nearly shoots her they are asked to go into a witness protection programme and leave New York. At this point you really see how small Sarah Jessica's acting spectrum is: "Leave New York? I was BORN here, I grew up here, I AM a New Yorker, I don't want to, I CAN'T leave" I expected to see Charlotte, Miranda and Samantha come onto the shot and ensure her that all men are pigs and anywhere out of Manhattan doesn't really exist. Meanwhile, Hugh is in the back of the shot being a bumbling British idiot and not really saying much except for classical British quotes and blinking occasionally. I can't be sure he even tried to act at all as at parts I thought I was watching an actors commentary and not an actor in the film.


Don't get me wrong, I love Hugh Grant, but he just didn't seem to care for this role much. He cared for his role as much as Parker seemed to care about him. The two main characters are well-known for their fame but for this film they seem to sleepwalk through a flat-line comedy in which old jokes can be seen a mile away.


If you dont like change this is the film for you. For everyone else, if youve seen the Trailer, youv'e seen the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment